PDO threads are FDA-approved and one of the safest materials that can be used in the body. Your skin will fully absorb the Novathread within 4 to 6 months without leaving any scar tissue. The threads placed underneath the skin help create an immediate lift effect in addition to a “selective inflammatory response” that helps your body stimulate collagen naturally to create a longer-lasting result.
What It Treats:
- Sagging skin
- Deep wrinkles
- Under 45 minutes
- Recommend 2-3 treatment sessions (first 2 sessions 6 weeks apart, while 3rd session is 6 months later)
- Every 1-2 years repeat this treatment series
Recovery Time & Side Effects:
Recovery Time: 1-3 days, but complete recovery may be up to 2 weeks
Common Side Effects: swelling and bruising for the first 1-2 days,
Rare Side Effects: hair loss, salivary gland injury, unsymmetrical results, infection
- Cost depends on skin elasticity (tighter skin requires fewer threads)
- Each treatment series cost about $4,000-$6,000 which will need to be repeated to maintain results every 2 years
- Our clients reported immediate results of lifted and healthy skin but results last 3-4 years for younger clients as opposed to 1-2 years for our older clients
- Thread lifts are commonly used togethre with other anti-aging procedures like sculptra and our exclusive under eye procedure
What are PDO Threads
Novathreads are hypodermic needles preloaded with a synthetic PDO absorbable suture. PDO threads are FDA-approved and one of the safest materials that can be used in the body. Your skin will fully absorb the Novathread within 4 to 6 months without leaving any scar tissue.
How do PDO Threads work?
The sutures (threads) are placed underneath the skin to achieve an immediate lift but it will also create a “selective inflammatory response” that helps your body stimulate collagen to create a longer-lasting result. The same effect can be seen in other procedures such as fractioned lasers, skin tightening treatments, and micro needling. Our skin is excellent at repairing itself, and by inserting the Novathreads underneath the skin, you can achieve a more lifted appearance while also stimulating collagen naturally.
What can I expect from my treatment?
A small amount of anesthesia is injected into the area where the thread will be placed to ensure you don’t experience any significant discomfort. You may experience some slight bruising or swelling after your treatment but no downtime is required. In fact, you can go straight from your appointment to whatever’s next on your schedule that day.