SkinVive™ by Juvéderm® is an injectable gel that increases hydration via intradermal microdroplets to improve skin smoothness of the cheeks. Providing lasting glow, healthier skin, and reduction of fine lines, SkinVive™ is the perfect treatment for facial procedures. As the only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid (HA) microdroplet injectable in the US to improve skin smoothness of the cheeks, the procedure is backed by a randomized clinical study that showed 83% of people reported feeling satisfied with how healthy their facial skin looked compared to before.
What It Treats (on the Cheek):
- Skin dullness on
- Loss of skin hydration and texture
- Appearance of fine lines on the cheeks
15 minutes per treatment session
- Initial Treatment Series: Requires only one session, but depending on severity of hydration issues some clients may need an additional session (in rare cases)
- Maintenance: Following the first treatment session, it is highly recommended to continue with maintenance every 6 months
Recovery Time & Side Effects:
- Recovery Time: Minimal Downtime | It is important to minimize strenuous exercise, intense exposure to sun or heat, and consumption of alcoholic beverages within 24 hours following the treatment
- Common Side Effects: Bumps, swelling, bruising, pain, tenderness, firmness, discoloration, and itching (most side effects will resolve within 7 days, if your provider may prescribe antibiotics, steroids, or hyaluronidase to treat the conditions)
- Rare Side Effects: Inflammation, nodules, allergic reaction, blood vessel blockage, infection, dry skin, abscess
- Original price: $700 per vial
*Most treatments require 2-3 vials
*Individual Results may vary depending on severity of condition and response
*Results last 6 months with optimal treatment
Results (on the cheeks):
- Improved Skin Smoothness
- Glowing Skin
- Hydrated and Healthier Skin
- Reduce Fine Lines
Konstantin Bukov, MD
Madeline Kaveri, RN
Am I a Candidate for SkinVive™?
Do not use this product if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in this product, or if you have had previous allergic reactions to hyaluronic acid fillers.
How Soon Will I See Results From My SkinVive™ Procedure?
Depending on what result you are looking for (hydration, smooth skin texture, or the reduction of fine lines), the time required to see results will vary. Some results will be fast and appear in days, however other results may take a month or even longer as the dermal layer hydration takes effect.
Is my skin type suitable for SkinVive™?
Yes, SkinVive™ is suitable for all skin types and tones.
What are the Side Effects of SkinVive™
The most commonly reported side effects were redness, lumps/bumps, swelling, bruising, pain, tenderness, firmness, discoloration and itching. Most side effects will resolve within 7 days. If they persist longer, your physician may choose to treat them with medications, such as antibiotics, steroids, or hyaluronidase. Additionally, there have been reports of inflammation, nodules, unsatisfactory result, loss or lack of improvement, allergic reaction, anxiety, blood vessel blockage, infection, dry skin, increase or decrease in sensation, and abscess.
Delayed-onset inflammation near the site of dermal filler injections is one of the known adverse events associated with dermal fillers. As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
Is SkinVive™ Safe?
One of the risks with dermal filler injection is the unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin. Most of these events are irreversible. Tell your specialist immediately if you have changes in your vision, signs of a stroke (including sudden difficulty speaking, numbness or weakness in your face, arms or legs, difficulty walking, face drooping, severe headache, dizziness, or confusion), white appearance of the skin, or unusual pain during or shortly after treatment
• The use of this product where skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections are present should be postponed, as this may delay healing or make skin problems worse