Broadband Light Therapy
Broadband Light (“BBL”) is a corrective phototherapy treatment created by Sciton, that utilizes Light therapy to target visible signs of aging as well as those deep in the epidermis
What It Treats:
- Sun damaged spots
- Uneven skin tone
- Broken capillaries
- Full body
- Varies for each body part
- 30 minutes for each face treatment session
- Additional 15 minutes for each additional part treated
- Initial correction of 3-5 sessions
- Followed by 1 session once every 3-6 months (as a booster)
Recovery Time & Side Effects:
- Recovery Time: no down time
- Common Side Effects: minor redness after treatment, temporarily darker sun damaged spots (will last for a few hour to a few days)
- Rare Side Effects: post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Face: $650
- Face + Neck: $1050
- Face + Neck + Chest: $1450
- package of 3 sessions: 10% off
- package of 5 sessions: 20% off
- Check out our promotion page for more info
- Our clients reported a greater balanced skin tone
- Rejuvenated milky, softer skin
Commonly Asked Questions
What is Broadband Light Therapy?
BBL delivers control pulsated light that gently heats the upper layers of the skin. The heat allows for skin cells to regenerate and stimulate collagen production, the main source of silky, glowing, and beautiful skin. The therapy is ideal for improving skin tone, reducing mild redness, and erasing brown spots caused by sun damage or unwanted freckles. It also targets broken capillaries and improves rosacea as well as some acne.
Why choose a BBL for my skin concerns?
According to a 2012 study published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology, BBL makes the skin look and act younger at the cellular level. In other words, the BBL slows down the aging process of the skin cells making the BBL the perfect treatment for skin rejuvenation.
Its light energy is clinically proven to be effective for treating a wide range of skin conditions and increasing new collagen production, which helps rebuild your skin’s structure.
What can I expect from a BBL treatment?
Before your treatment, a topical numbing cream will be applied to ease discomfort. During the BBL, you will feel a warm sensation on the surface of the skin. BBL treatments are relatively quick ( about 30 mins) with little to no discomfort. BBL HERO, in particular, can treat the face as well as other large areas of the body. The BBL Hero also delivers a powerful cooling system during the treatment that prevents the skin from feeling too warm.
Is Broadband Light right for me?
A consultation is needed with one of our experienced providers who will assess your skin with a skin analysis system called VISIA to determine if the BBL is the right treatment for you. The VISIA will help you determine what can and can not be treated with the BBL and establish a treatment plan tailored to your skin concerns.
Is there any downtime?
Downtime is minimal, with redness and peeling for a few days. You may notice that spots may become darker but this will ‘flake off’ after a few days. We recommend avoiding excessive sun exposure for up to 4 weeks after your treatment.
What areas can I treat with the BBL?
The BBL Hero allows for quick treatment in all areas of the body including the: